Photo: Patrik Nygren, CC BY-SA 2.0
This was one of those weeks where I was in the “should be enviable but actually just depressing” position of having an overabundance of things to write about. But the thought of actually writing about any of them made me really upset. So instead I’m just going to share with you all the things that are currently making me angry. These are in no particular order, because my anger defies categorization.
- The existence of a type of pornography called “deepfakes” that use technology to put other women’s (usually celebrities’) faces on the bodies of adult actresses.
- The sheer number of domestic abusers and sexual predators in the Trump White House, and the fact that basically none of them will probably face any censure or punishment.
- Quentin Tarantino.
- The Democrats likely falling apart on DACA.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- The Heathers reboot.
- Ed Sheeran’s wins at the Grammys.
I’m sure there are more things that are actually making me mad, but this is all I can think of right now without making myself too furious.
Elle Irise is a regular contributor to This Week In Tomorrow. When she’s not listing off things to avenge like Arya Stark before bed, she studies gender in popular culture.
Thanks for reading! Except for the very *very* occasional tip (we take Venmo now!), we only get paid in our own (and your) enthusiasm, so please like This Week In Tomorrow on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @TWITomorrow, and tell your friends about the site!
If you like our posts and want to support our site, please share them with others, on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit — anywhere you think people might want to read what we’ve written. Plus, if there’s something you think we’ve missed or a story you’d like to see covered, drop us a line! Thanks so much for reading, and have a great week.